Friday, October 06, 2006

" Every child is an artist."


I still have to stop myself from painting when the voices began to tell me things I have decided to not follow. When I felt I found myself as an artist I began to paint from my heart not from the art teachers I have had over the years. I remember once in a class as a child I used a nickel to make a small circle. The teacher fused and said not to do it that way. Not that the circle stayed a tracing of the nickel by the time I finished, it was just the beginning and the start of other people telling me how I should paint. I began to look back as a child and develop from there, keeping things as a child would see them.

Picasso once said, "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." When I began to follow that advice I began to conflict with several art teachers. The Big Red Streetcar is part of the change of finding the child within and trying to keep it that way, thus I stop until I can go back with a child's eye and see what has to be done.

I have also tried to place a few items in to meet the location of the painting when it is complete, can you see them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home